Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Backyard Progress

Our Memorial 3-Day weekend was anything but relaxing but we got A LOT accomplished in the backyard!

The firepit area is getting very close to being done now! Since my last post I finished staining the benches, planted horsetail in the boxes and over this past weekend we got the decomposed granite all laid down.  All that's left is to find a firepit we like that isn't outrageously expensive and I'm going to make some cushions for the benches. The circle on the ground represents where the firepit will go. (Sorry for the washed out photos, I used my cell phone to shoot them).


Next to the back of the house I've been working hard putting in all drought tolerant plants and over the weekend I completed the decomposed granite pathway! Not too shabby for a 7.5 month pregnant lady;) The plantings are a mixture of Rosemary, Rockrose, succulents, Lavender, Kangaroo Paw and a few other assorted plants.


The next project on our list is a DIY water feature! If all goes well I should have that done by this weekend! I've also been working on the baby nursery so I'll have some updated photos of that very soon as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment