Friday, May 4, 2012

Baby Nursery

Hello! I can't believe it's May already! We've been so busy working on the backyard and preparing for the baby time has flown by! I'm now 30 weeks pregnant and it's getting harder and harder to keep up the energy but I'm determined to have most of the backyard completed before the babies arrival in July! So in addition to the backyard I have started work turning what was my office into a nursery. This is a tiny room, only 9' x 9.5' so it's going to have it challenges. One of those challenges is going to be figuring out where my office is going to go now.  I'm thinking possibly a closet office but that is still to be determined. Living in a 2 bedroom 820 sq ft. house makes you get creative when it comes to space, we will see what I come up with!

Last weekend we went and picked up the crib and I assembled it, that's as far as I've gotten so far on the nursery! I think I'm going to go for a modern baby room look, no theme really. Just color, design, a diy mobile and hopefully some cute artwork! More photos to come as I make progress on both the nursery and the backyard! Have a good weekend!


2 comments:

  1. We live in a small home with tiny bedroom so I'm right there with you on creative space planning. We opted for a vintage dresser as a changing table which was great when our son got older. Maybe you could find a place for an armoire turned into an office (Martha has good ideas or Pinterest). Perhaps you have a sheltered spot outside you could put it, or maybe a corner that wouldn't be missed. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are doing exactly that, using a vintage dresser as a changing table! I think it's a great way to get maximum storage and like you said when they are out of diapers you can still use it for years to come!

      Delete